Last Updated: May 25, 2018
2. Types of Data and Collection Methods
We receive data that you actively submit, as well as data that we track. These include:
- Actively Submitted Data: When you request additional information or a demo, sign up for blogs or other content, or register for our services, we will ask you to provide basic contact information and certain information related to the business you represent. There may be other situations, such as surveys, webinars and conferences, where we ask you to actively submit information.
- Testimonials: We display personal testimonials of satisfied clients on our websites in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name.
- Social Features and Media Widgets and Features: Our websites include social media features. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our websites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are hosted by third parties and your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it.
- Prospective Employees: Through our career page, an individual may submit personal information in consideration of an open position.
Our PrecisionLender platform is provided as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution for commercial banks, and it collects, processes, and stores data under the direction of its clients as a Processor, as such term is defined within Article 4 of the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). While the primary purpose of our platform is to process commercial loans, it is our clients who choose what business data they share with us based on the services they use, and they own all rights in and to their business data. If personal data is uploaded by a client, we have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data that our platform processes on behalf of such Client. For this reason, an individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his/her query to the relevant client, the data Controller, as such term is defined within Article 4 of the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If the client asks us to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 10 business days.
To provide and support our platform and service, as well as to market to new clients, we retain personal data on the individuals who are employed by our clients, prospective clients, suppliers, and business partners. This data is limited in nature and considered to be business contact information such as name, email address, phone number, and physical office address
3. Collection Purposes, Use of Data
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- to allow us to run, maintain and develop our business,
- to allow us to offer and provide our services,
- to allow us to conduct information and promotional campaigns (including direct marketing) related to our services (including by phone, mail and email), keeping clients and prospective clients informed about our services and special offers that are likely to interest them,
- to allow us to perform the contract we have signed with our clients, suppliers or partners,
- to allow client service management (such as, when clients contact our service desk),
- to allow contract management, (such as, to address our invoices to our clients),
- to enhance our services and websites and the usage,
- to perform research and analysis relating to our services and websites,
- to perform tracking of the use of our services and websites,
- to conduct market surveys, and/or
- to review prospective employee submissions.
4. Legitimate Grounds for Processing
We process personal data to pursue our legitimate interests to run, maintain and develop our business. Furthermore, we process personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
In connection with some parts of our platform and services, we might request an individual’s consent for the processing of their personal data for a specific purpose. In that event, an individual may withdraw their consent at any time.
5. Data Retention
We do not store the personal data for longer than is legally permitted and necessary for the related processing purposes. The storage period depends on the type of personal data, the purposes of use and applicable law and therefore varies per use.
Typically, we store personal data for as long as the user is using our platform or services or for as long as we have another purpose to do so and, thereafter, for no longer than is required or permitted by law or necessary for internal reporting and reconciliation purposes.
We erase personal data provided by you after the above described storage period or when a client or individual asks us to erase the data.
6. Disclosures of Personal Information
We only share personal data within our organization if and as far as necessary for the purposes specified in this Policy. Our employees processing personal data are bound by confidentiality obligations.
We are not in the business of selling or renting your personally identifiable information to telemarketers and we do not share your personally identifiable information with others. We may share your information as required by law or in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others’ legal rights, such as in connection with requests from law enforcement officials and in connection with court proceedings. We may share or transfer your information in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business. Also, we reserve the right to fully use and disclose any information that is not in personally identifiable form (such as statistics and survey results that do not identify you individually by name).
7. Links to Third Party Websites
When you click on a link to a third-party website from our websites, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by our policies. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
8. Individual Data Rights
In connection with promotions or other projects, we may ask you specifically whether you have objections against a certain kind of data use or sharing. If you opt-out under such circumstances, we will respect your decision. To opt out of receiving commercial communications from us, please click on the “opt-out” link in the communication or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If personal information you have submitted through the website is no longer accurate, current, or complete, and you wish to update it, please send an email to email@example.com. Upon appropriate request, we will be happy to update or amend your information, but we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate.
We use robust security measures to protect data and personal information from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of client data. When our service is accessed using an updated web browser, Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology protects the personal information and client data using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that such information is safe, secure, and only available to the client to whom the information belongs and those to whom the client has granted access.
10. Location and Transfer
As an organization with a global presence, we have operations in several locations around the world. For our client data, we work closely with each organization to ensure we meet their data sovereignty requirements. For other personal data collected, we may transfer information to, or access it from, countries outside an individual’s country of domicile. We take steps to ensure that all personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the countries in which we process it. Further information regarding the international transfer of personal data may be obtained by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Changes To This Policy
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this statement from time to time and in our sole discretion, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date on which it was last updated. When you visit the website, you are accepting the current version of this Policy as posted on the website at that time. We recommend that users revisit this Policy on occasion to learn of any changes.
12. Contact Information
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of personal information should be directed to us at email@example.com or by postal mail:
Attn: Director of Global Compliance
1225 Crescent Green, Suite 125
Cary, NC 27518, United States
We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding the use and disclosure of personal information.